Career Guidance Cell
The Career Cell in Dr. Meghnad Saha College came into existence in the year 2015. The cell has been established on its own interest for offering career counselling to students and guiding the young minds by helping them to understand their strength.
This cell undertakes various measures to train students in basic communication skill, spoken English, group discussion and interview skills. Group discussions are conducted through departmental initiatives as recommended by the IQAC.
The college is located in a rural area where most of the students are first generation learners. As such, the Cell endeavours to sensitize the students about job prospects currently available.
- To provide the much needed life skills to students and help them find job placements and to help keep pace with the present stiff competition.
- The college provides guidance to students in career planning, resume preparation, how to prepare for an interview, body language and how to improve their communication skills.
- To provide tips regarding employability skills, group discussion, preparation for competitive exams.
- To provide Advice on how to develop a career plan.
- To provide Advice on interview and job skills.
- To provide students with internet access and books relating to career options.
- To help to select an institute that offers a degree or training program that best meets the career goals and financial needs of the students.
- To provide counselling to explore their potentialities and motivate them about their employment prospects as most of them belongs to the backward caste and socio-economically poorer section.
Mission and Vision
To enable students find the perfectly matched course and college in India through comprehensive admission support and career guidance.
To aim at overall grooming and personality development.
To train students to meet the challenges of latest technology and development.
To work towards improving the skills of individuals and various levels of job profiles.
To enable students develop their personality.
Apart from the regular class room teaching, teachers of this college remain in contact with the students, and try to solve their difficulties, confusions through academic counseling. They also arrange extra classes when required and discuss the topic under study deeply and carefully.
The principal and teachers of the college counsel the students to solve their social and familial problems. They try to identify individual student’s latent potential, talent and focus on the development of their skill. Teachers also try to identify the area of interest of an individual student and accordingly give her personal counselling.
- Dr. Mukunda Mishra, Vice-Principal, Dr. Meghnad Saha College (Ex-officio)
- IQAC Co-ordinator, Dr. Meghnad Saha College (Ex-officio)
- Bursar,Dr. Meghnad Saha College (Ex-officio)
- Teachers’ Council Secretary, Dr. Meghnad Saha College (Ex-officio)
- Head Clerk, Dr, Meghnad Saha College (Ex-officio)
- Dr. Md. Enarul Hoque, Associate Professor, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
- Dr. Irien Shabnam, Associate Professor, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
- Mr. Sukumar Barai, Associate Professor, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
- Mr. Prosenjit Choudhury, Assistant Professor, Dr. Meghnad Saha College