Dr. Meghnad Saha College is now not only famous for its quality education in the Southern region of North Bengal but also for its various sorts of cultural activities throughout the year. Most of the students who take admission in this institution come from farmer & economically backward families. Besides, some students categorically belong to scheduled caste, scheduled tribe & other backward classes. Despite so many unsurpassable hindrances, the unpolished cultural rural talents mesmerise the ‘Annual Cultural Programme’ every year with their performances in front of the huge number of audience and spectators. This spellbound historical background and experience impel the college authority to constitute a ‘Cultural Centre’ in the college to nurture, explore, foster and ignite the dormant cultural talent of the students for the larger interest of the society. Simultaneously this would upgrade the qualitative education through edification.
The ‘Culture Centre’ took birth on 17th Oct, 2020.
Mission & Vision:
- To uplift the skill in performing & visual arts among the students.
- To reach the acme of success by removing the ash on fire of the cultural talent of the students.
- To restore the lost and extinct local Folk Culture of the region of Uttar Dinajpur through different research and documentary activities.
- To open a new vista of the new creative route of culture.
- To go ahead in the cultural platform as a prestigious profession.
- The Centre will try to develop the skill of the students in ‘Performing Art’ like Recitation, Dance, Song, Debate, Quiz and ‘Visual Art’ like Photography & Painting, Drama and so on.
- The Centre will encourage the students to optimise their imagination and deep routed constructive critical thinking.
- The Centre will work to ennoble among the students the knowledge, belief, behaviour, outlook, attitude, values, morality, customs & power of reasoning etc.
- The Centre will work to mould a positive mindset of the students so that they can have acceptability to others in society to maintain harmony.
The Centre is still an infant smelling out the scent of mother`s breast milk. The Centre is proposed to perform many cultural activities-
- Different members of the Centre have sound skill, knowledge of different cultural fields. They will share it among the students at regular intervals.
- The interested students will be found out and cooperated to be a good performer.
- The experts and eminent personalities of different cultural fields will be invited time to time at a regular interval in the seminar and interactive practice to enrich the interested students.
- It is expected that the proposed activities will enlighten the inner cultural talent of the students.
- It is also expected that through the medium of various types of culture, the students will be able to eradicate many problems of society by their cultural attitude.
- Amid the severe crisis of employment, cultural excellence may help the students to be self-dependent and self-reliant.
- It is anticipated that a healthy cultural attitude mindset will give birth the ideal citizenship among the students who are the backbone of a nation.
Ex- Officio-Patron –in-Chief: – Dr. Subrata Saha, Administrator, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Ex- Officio- Chairperson: – Dr. Mukunda Mishra, Vice Principal, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Director: – Mr. Sukumar Barai, Associate Professor in History, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Treasurer:- Mrs Sutapa Ghosh, Clerk, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Member:- Dr. Iren Sabnam, Associate Professor in Bengali, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Member:- Dr. Senjuti De, Assistant Professor in Chemistry, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Member:- Ex- Officio- Mr Jaygopal Biswas, Bursar, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Member:-Mr Prosenjit Choudhury, Assistant Professor in Physics,Dr.Meghnad Saha College
Member:- Dr Sanchayita Pal Choudhury, Assit. Prof. in English, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Member:-Mr Rupai Hembram, Assistant Professor in Geography, Dr. Meghnad SahaCollege
Member:- Mr. Bikash Chakraborty, Cashier, Dr. Meghnad Saha College
Member:- Ex-Officio- Md. Iqbal Manirul Islam, Head Clerk, Dr. Meghnad Saha College.