|SYLLABUS||Online Book Catalogue||Question Papers|
Monday to Friday: 10.00 AM – 05.00 PM
Saturday: 10.00 AM – 02.00 PM
Sunday and Holidays: Closed
Circulation Timing Reading Room Timing
Monday to Friday: 10.30 AM – 04.30 PM Monday to Friday: 10.00 AM – 4.30 PM
Saturday: 10.00 AM – 02.00 PM Saturday: 10.00 AM – 02.00 PM
Librarian and Supporting Staff
1. Md. Yusuf Azim Librarian
2. Prosenjit Sarkar Librarian(Guest)
3. Sudipta Das Library Peon
- Open access
- Book Borrowing facility for the members only.
- Separate Reading Room Facility for Students and Faculties.
- Journals (different subjects)
- Previous year Question Papers and Syllabus
- News papers, i. Uttarbanga Sambad ii. The Statesman
- Karmasangsthan and Employment News
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) Facility for Book search (Campus & Remote)
- Reprographic (Xerox) Facility.
- E-book & e-journal (on application basis)
- Database (on application basis)
- New Arrival Books are organized on a separate stack.
- Reference Books/Reading Room Copy books are available only for Reading Room.
- Student membership is open for all students of this college. Library provides library card for the student member.
- Faculty membership is also open for all faculty members of this college.
- Library provides services to the eminent researchers, writers of the local community. They have to ask permission from the Vice-Principal, Dr. Meghnad Saha College in written to use the documents of this library.
- Library provides book lending service to all students, faculty and non-teaching staffs.
- Library provides separate reading room facility for students, faculty members.
- Library gives reprography facility to all members for those documents which are not available for home issue and can be photocopied in limited number of pages. For this purpose they have to pay some cost.
- The Library is Open Access. Although Library members can search library documents and know details about their issued items with the help of Web-OPAC facility.
- The Library provides services to the students, staffs, faculty members of the College through an automated mode by using library management software SOUL (version 2.0).
- E-resource Access Section with Wi-Fi facility.
- The e-books and e-journals are also accessible through INFLIBNET-NLIST.
- A round-the-clock surveillance is made through the CCTVs.
- The library presently subscribes 5 (five) printed periodicals and at about 6000+ e-journals(through NLIST).
- Readers should observe strict silence inside the Library.
- Use of Mobile phone is not permitted inside the Library premises.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Library membership card is non-transferable.
- Personal belongings like bags (shoulder, sling), umbrellas, etc. should be deposited at the counter. These are not allowed inside the Library.
- Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like money, passport, credit card, mobile phone etc. at the Counter.
- Marking, scratching, damaging, mutilating, stealing, library materials or property will invite disciplinary action against the defaulters.
- Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading rooms are meant for individual study and research only.
- Users should not rest or keep their feet on tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving with the library staff or with any other member.
- A non-member can use the library material on the premises with the permission of the Librarian.
- Newspapers, magazines and journals must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- No library material can be taken out of the library without permission. Unauthorized removal of anything belonging to the library will be treated as theft and dealt accordingly.
- Student’s library Card is valid for the current academic year to access library facilities. At the end of the academic year the students shall have to take library clearance from the library, otherwise they would not be allowed to fill up their forms.
- Suggestions on all aspects of library services are welcome.
- No books will be issued during the examination period.
- Any faculty, staff or scholar can reserve books at the Circulation Counter in case they are already issued.
- Books in demand may not be renewed.
- Members are responsible for books issued against their names
- Library reserves the right to recall any issued book even before the due date.
- Those Books having less copies (only one or two) in the library, are not for home issue. Those are only for consultation in the library premises. Those are the reading room copy.
- Borrowers must satisfy about the physical condition of the books before borrowing otherwise they will be held responsible for any damage later or at the time of return.
- The borrowers are requested to make sure that the books are properly issued or returned.
- While leaving the Library every user/member should ensure that they carry only those books that are duly issued on their names.
- Every student without fail must return all books taken from the Library and clear the pending dues, if any on or before their examination form fillup.
- Every students, teachers, and non teaching staff on entering the Library will write his/her name, with other details in the register kept at the counter for the purpose and will sign the register.
- Users are divided into the following categories – their entitlements, maximum number of books and number of days of issue is proposed in the following table.
|SI. No.||Member’s Category||Maximum Number of Books can be issued||Issuing Period|
|3||Non Teaching Staff||02||30 days|
|4||Honours Student||02||14 days|
|5||General Student||02||14 days|
- The overdue charges 1 Rupee per day.
- If any member Lost or damage library book library books has to replace the lost book by new book or pay the price of the latest edition of the book plus overdue charges for the period the book is kept without authorization.
- Membership shall be suspended for repeated delay in returning the books.
|Remote Access E-Resources purchased by library||NLIST|
|Remote Access Database purchased by library||EPWRF India Times Series|
|National Repository||National Digital Library of India (IIT Kharagpur)
|Search Engines||Google Scholar
|Virtual Libraries||The Virtual Library of Mathematics (VifaMath)
|E-Book||Bengali & Sanskrit E-book
Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB)
Librarian: Md. Yusuf Azim
Central library official Facebook page: CLICK HEREPROFILE
Guest Librarian: Prosenjit Sarkar
Mobile Number: N/A
Notice For 2nd and 3rd year Students Of 2017—->Dated 16/09/2017
Notice For 1st year Students Of 2017—> Dated 29/11/2017
Notice For 3rd year Students Of 2018—-> Dated 02/04/2018
Notice For 1st and 2nd Year Students Of 2018—->01/06/2018
Notice For 1st and 2nd Year Students Of 2019—–>18/07/2019
Notice For all FTTs, PTTs, SGLs, GLs and Non Teaching Staffs Of 2019—–>18/07/2019
Notice for database access—–>04/05/2019
Online Library Orientation Programme 2020-21
Library Orientation Programme 2021-22
Notice for Library card distribution of Semester-III_2021-22
Notice for library card distribution of Semester -I 2021-22
Notice for Library Orientation Programme 2022